Developing a Policy
Developing a policy commitment to energy efficiency has to come from the top and should be backed up by a mission statement and energy policy.
School Governors should look to develop a policy which:
• Makes a clear statement of commitment
• Specifies clear objectives and targets for energy consumption
• Identifies responsibilities and resources
• Provides an action plan and states how it will be achieved
• Sets out the review timeframe.
The Governors should review the policy periodically and report savings and areas for improvement.