Your electricity consumption was £72 or 600 kWh last week compared with £64 or 530 kWh in the previous week.
This can be caused by:
- Appliances and lights left on when the school is closed
- New appliances or lights recently added.
What you should do
- Find out whether the school has purchase new electrical equipment. Remember to check in offices and kitchens, as well as the classrooms. Use appliance monitors to understand the energy use of any new electrical equipment.
- Find out whether the school was used for evening meetings or events. These may have caused more electricity to be used for lighting.
- Carry out a spot check to see if lights or equipment are left on after school, when the building is empty.