Your weekly electricity consumption in Easter 2021 was 830 kWh compared with 490 kWh during Easter 2020. The percentage increase was about 68%.
This can be caused by:
- Appliances and lights left on when the school is closed
- New appliances or lights recently added.
What you should do
- Find out whether the school has purchase new electrical equipment. Remember to check in offices and kitchens, as well as the classrooms. Use appliance monitors to understand the energy use of any new electrical equipment.
- Find out whether the school was used for extra activities over Easter 2021. These may have caused more electricity to be used.
- Carry out a spot check to see if lights or equipment are left on after school, when the building is empty.