The Y6 Energy Sparks team went to speak to Hugh, our school's caretaker. We asked him some simple questions including:
- Do you turn off the hot water boiler before the holidays?
- Do you turn off the hot water heater in the loft before the holidays, if not does anybody else?
- Do you turn off the new electric heater in the hall?
- Do you turn off the outside toilet heater in the holidays?
- Are you here on the last day of term?
- Do you check if the ipad charging boxes are turned off in the holidays?
- Can you turn off the photocopier?
Hugh replied: "I'm not here on the last day of term, so I can't answer these. However, if you ask Mr Wishart, the head master, he may be able to help."
We will ask these same questions to our headmaster.